Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Only in AZ

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly the temperatures can change here. Last Thursday night at soccer tryouts I was bundled in a hoodie and a winter vest as it was cold out. Ok I will admit that those who know me know I'm always cold so it might not have been all that bad for everyone- but in my defense others were bundled as well and a girlfriend who will remain nameless admitted she was cold after coming home from not one but TWO baseball games:). Tonight at soccer tryouts it was 100 degrees so that's a 50 degree difference from last week (5 days).

We seem to complain when it's cold (but not cold for the rest of the country) and then we complain that the 100 degree temps come earlier each year and seem to stay longer!! Does anything please us? I'm sure most things do but it's the unpleasing things that we seem to remember.

To bring things into perspective- my parents live in Northern Ontario in Canada and received over 18 inches of snow on Easter. This is ontop of the 5 feet of snow they already had. Now I really know why I came to this state and the opposite end of the spectrum of weather- snow in April that will last to May and be back by October is not what I'm all about now. I can't wait for the kids to experience the real winter instead of an Arizona winter but that will have to wait for another day.

What does it say in Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you". I'm taking that to mean God always knew that the desert (or any warm climate) was were I would end up and I love the fact that my husband was here before I met him so I had somewhere warm to come to.

No comments: