Thursday, March 19, 2009

Quips from Sydney and Michael

Well you just never know what is going to come out of the backseat of the car sometimes. Sydney, Michael and I took off after dinner tonight to run some errands, which gave me some time to listen to the conversations that they are having. They had brought the dvd player as they were watching a movie at home before we left and to my joys were getting along wonderfully. At one point I heard Michael say, " Sydney, you're the best sister ever, I really do love you", of course at that point I take a look in the mirror to make sure she doesn't have him in a headlock or something even worse!! Michael really said this and meant it- God truly is a great God and the kids see this in our home, the homes of our friends and in the actions that we do to and for others.

Not long after this Sydney and Michael both said how much they love me and of course we can't forget about daddy. It was at this point in the conversation that Sydney pipes up "you know mom I will always love you, but sometimes I don't like you". At first I was heartbroken thinking that she has picked this up from me as I have said it when something has been done that has consequences about it. I asked her to explain her statement and was proud of what she had to say. Sydney explained that she always loves me as God loves us all but she doesn't like me when she is grounded, gets in trouble, or I yell at her. I asked her to continue with the thought and Sydney explained further that she knows that she may need to be punished for her actions, words or lack there of and knows that I do this only because her daddy and I love her with all our hearts. Michael even chimed in his agreement.

It only reminded me even more how blessed we are and how carefully we are watched and listened to:)

No comments: