Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas!

Christmas this year started off a couple of hours later than years in the past. I'm not sure if the kids just decided to be nice to mom and dad or if the visit the night before with the Herrman's tired them out. Michael didn't appear at our bedroom door until 7:30, for those of you who know Michael know that this is 1 1/2 hrs later than usual. He then proceeded to cuddle in bed and watch Annabel's Christmas Wish.

I asked Michael at one point if he know what day it was and I got a very matter-of-fact answer of "of course I do- it's Jesus's birthday". This certainly made David and I sit up and take notice. For a 6 year old to give this as his first answer and not Santa somewhere in the equation, makes us thankful that God is certainly in our lives. Michael then proceeded to let us know that he was sure Santa had been there but we needed to wait for Sydney to wake up.

Sydney turned up at the door around 8:00am and cuddled in bed. Aren't those the best times?! She didn't want to go downstairs either until the show was over.

When the kids did go to the landing and saw what they saw there was excitement enough for everyone. Here are some of the pictures that captured the morning. The best gifts from the morning were knowing that Sydney and Michael both have Jesus first and foremost in their hearts and they both mentioned that if it wasn't for Jesus there would be know Christmas:), and the gifts that they made us at school. Michael's ornaments are on the tree and Sydney's calendar will be adorned in the kitchen for all to see.


























No comments: