Sunday, December 7, 2008

Another Bright Idea

Well since it is the Christmas season and we were at Costco yesterday, I saw a tree that I fell in love with. Ours is getting a little ratty and I'm very surprised David hasn't managed to burn it yet. Again this year he campaigned for a real tree and I talked him out of it. Don't get me wrong, growing up in the Great White North (and I mean NORTH at -40 degrees) we always went into the bush (Canadian term) and cut our own down. Back then it was up to my mom and dad to tend to the watering, trimming and all the other sappy stuff that came off the tree- including a squirrel one year!!
So instead we now have a 9 foot Colorado spruce infront of the front window. It certainly is a beaut and David even agrees since the end branchs have "real" needles. The only thing I didn't think about was who and how was the top of the tree going to get done. The 2 step stools that are in the house don't get me all the way up:). Guess I will have to enlist the help of a few taller people or get the ladder and go way out of my comfort level. Needless to say at this point, with kids and I working on the tree the top 2 feet are looking pretty bare!!
I'm sure there will be pictures soon especially if there is a ladder involved, so stay tuned:)

No comments: