Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Another Cooking Mishap!

Well in reading the directions on the box of our all in one dinner it said ready in 20 min. Sweet I thought since it's a soccer and riding night-only to find out the boxes 20min is way longer than mine. The front of the box said keep frozen and I found it in the frozen food section, so I kept it frozen. I didn't think to turn the box over, read the small print at the beginning of the instructions where it says "if thawed cook time is 20 min"!! Mine was still frozen-not easy trying put a frozen square of chicken into a skillet and try to cook it in some oil. Needless to say dinner was done in 40 min which meant it was done 5 min before we had to leave the house! Thank you Campbells soup for chicken noodle vegetable soup so the kids could eat.

Lesson learned- put the glasses on and read the small print:)

No comments: