Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Almost Time to Go

Well the time has flown by and I only have two days left with my brother and his family. The joy in the last 24 hrs is that Christian came home yesterday... this is the first 24 hrs he has been home since I got here. It's almost like we don't know what to do with ourselves today since there is no shuttling to the hospital... so it was cleaning time and also lots of love time for Auntie and Christian. This is a sweet boy whom God has given us to love on and learn through his adversities what God can do for us and with us. It has been 24 hrs without a twitch or a seizure which in itself is a blessing and a praise.
On another note, thanks to my dad having Skype now I'm able to talk to the kids every evening. I was worried that I would have to go 2 weeks without much interaction with Sydney and Michael since international phone calls can be EXPENSIVE!! They are loving their swimming lessons, cleaning Bammy's (my grandmother) house while she is in the hospital and doing what kids can do in a small laid back town. I almost dropped to the floor when my dad told me the other day that the kids walked home from the pool by themselves- in my mind they are 7 and 8 and too young to do that in Mesa but at my parents they are safe and Poppa wasn't too far behind in the car. I guess they need to grow up at some point... I'm not ready for this to happen yet:)
I will be back at home Thursday after 18 hrs of travel time barring any delays or problems and can't wait to see my wonderful husband even if it's only for a few days. It will be bittersweet leaving my 3 nephews, my brother and sister-in-law but with prayers and God's will they will be taken good care of.

No comments: